Lots of people are confused in terms of whether to go for ready made or custom-made furniture, wardrobes, modular kitchen, TV unit,etc.They often ask why custom-made furniture is costly compared to furniture which is available at furniture stores. We thought to cover up this topic to explain what are the major differences between ready-made and custom-made furniture.
To start with we should know what type of materials a carpenters use to make furniture:
1) Particle board made of 70-80% as wood powder.
2) Commercial ply(BWR plywood and MR grade plywood)
MR is moisture resistant while BWR grade is waterproof plywood. BWR is of better quality compared to MR grade.
Ready-made furniture which is available in the market is made from 80% particle board(board made of wood powder) The laminate used on it is 0.3 or 0.4 which is called as paper laminate and edge binding is done on the edges which is very thin. Most of the furniture that you see in any furniture store are made in their factories and most of them do not use commercial ply as the quantity they make is in thousands.
The furniture which a Carpenter makes is from commercial ply either BWR or MR ply. There is difference in price of both but the quality of furniture which a carpenter make is very good and durability for long time because of good quality of ply. And even you can choose the type of ply,color of laminate to make your custom-made furniture. Carpenters and Interior designers in India often refer to BWR grade plywood as Marine ply.
Difference between ready-made furniture and custom-made furniture.
Custom made furniture:-
- Design as per your choice:
- Custom made furniture last for longer time.
- Add more value to your home
- Maximize space
- The damage control with custom-made furniture is lower than with ready made furniture. Because of the used materials.
- As the shopkeeper adds his profit margin on every individual item plus they don’t give any warranty or guarantee on the product.
- The ready made furniture doesn’t fit in our home properly
- As ready made furniture are made of particle board most of these are not water-resistant.
- Ready-made furniture does not last long if proper care not taken as its made of particle board which is just wood powder.
But at the end choose the furniture after proper research and decision because there are merits and demerits in both ready made and custom made furniture.
Visit http://taskican.com/ to get reliable and verified carpenter.
Like us on https://www.facebook.com/taskican to get more updates.