This New Year think outside martini glass use those left over vodka as a eco friendly cleaning for your home. Vodka is great for countertops, faucets, bathroom tile, mirrors, you name it. Vodka is a great choice for eco-friendly cleaning. With its high alcohol content, it kills mold and mildew and disinfects well. Plus, it’s fantastic for shining fixtures.
Below are some of the tips to use vodka as a eco-friendly cleaning:
- Vodka is great for cleaning jewellery. Just pour some vodka in a dish, take the ring and swish it back and forth. Dry it off and it will give a beautiful sheen. If it is really dirty, put it in and let it soak a while and then scrub with a toothbrush.
- To remove mold and mildew from caulking, fill a spray bottle with inexpensive vodka and spray it onto the mold and mildew. Let this sit for about 15 minutes. Then scrub with a toothbrush, if necessary.
- To get a sparkling shine on your eyeglasses that don’t have protective coating, spritz with vodka and buff with a soft cloth. Do not use on coated lenses of eyeglasses that suggest avoiding alcohol based products.
- Because of vodka’s high alcohol content, it is a potent insect killer. Put a little in a spray bottle and squirt the bugs or yourself. They will be on their drunken way.
- Use it on doorknobs, light switches, and more for quick eco-friendly disinfecting.
- Remove the glue left behind by stickers and labels. Rub the glue with a soft, clean cloth soaked in vodka.
- To get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke, mix one part vodka to three parts water, spray and let dry.
- Clean tiles in the bathroom by spraying with vodka. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse. Great for getting rid of soap scum.