This New Year think outside martini glass use those left over vodka as a eco friendly cleaning for your home. Vodka is great for countertops, faucets, bathroom tile, mirrors, you name it. Vodka is a great choice for eco-friendly cleaning. With its high alcohol content, it kills mold and mildew and disinfects well. Plus, it’s fantastic for shining fixtures.
Below are some of the tips to use vodka as a eco-friendly cleaning:
- Vodka is great for cleaning jewellery. Just pour some vodka in a dish, take the ring and swish it back and forth. Dry it off and it will give a beautiful sheen. If it is really dirty, put it in and let it soak a while and then scrub with a toothbrush.
- To remove mold and mildew from caulking, fill a spray bottle with inexpensive vodka and spray it onto the mold and mildew. Let this sit for about 15 minutes. Then scrub with a toothbrush, if necessary.
- To get a sparkling shine on your eyeglasses that don’t have protective coating, spritz with vodka and buff with a soft cloth. Do not use on coated lenses of eyeglasses that suggest avoiding alcohol based products.
- Because of vodka’s high alcohol content, it is a potent insect killer. Put a little in a spray bottle and squirt the bugs or yourself. They will be on their drunken way.
- Use it on doorknobs, light switches, and more for quick eco-friendly disinfecting.
- Remove the glue left behind by stickers and labels. Rub the glue with a soft, clean cloth soaked in vodka.
- To get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke, mix one part vodka to three parts water, spray and let dry.
- Clean tiles in the bathroom by spraying with vodka. Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse. Great for getting rid of soap scum.
Cleaning laminate counter-tops: Cut a whole lemon in half, squeeze the juice onto the counter. Using the lemon as a scrubber, work the juice over the stains. Leave the juice on until the stains disappear then rinse with water and dry. The citric acid will quickly remove the stains.
Cutting boards: The same procedure works on cutting boards. Rub the lemon onto the stains and let it sit until the stains are gone. The lemon will also disinfect the board at the same time.
Cleaning brass: If a piece is brass plated, it will be brass on one side and solid black on the other side. Never use lemon on anything that is brass plated — only solid brass. Brass plated items need to be cleaned very gently with an oil soap — never use anything acidic on it.One half of a lemon with salt sprinkled on it and rub until it is clean. Rinse well with water.
Removing rust from clothes: Put lemon juice on the rust stain and then sprinkle cream of tartar onto the top of the juice. Rub in the solution and let it sit on the stain until the rust is gone. The citric acid will take the rust off. Some stains are tougher than others, but 15 to 30 minutes should work just fine.
Bleaching white clothes with lemon juice: Mix 1/2 cup lemon juice (or sliced lemons) with one gallon of very hot water. Soak the clothes in the solution. Do not use for silk, it is best for cotton and polyester. Let the clothes soak from an hour to overnight, depending on how badly the clothing needs bleaching. Rremove the clothing from the mix and pour the mix into the washing machine and wash as usual.
Getting stains out of Tupperware: Squeeze lemon juice in the container and then add baking soda. Use the lemon as a cleaning tool and work it in. If the stains are bad, let it sit overnight before scrubbing the stains.
Remove odours from refrigerator: Lemon helps in removing odours from your refrigerator with a half lemon on a saucer. Change once a week.
Clean windows and mirrors: Mix half a cup of white vinegar with a quart of lukewarm water. Add a quarter cup of lemon juice and mix. This solution is strong enough to cut through the grease on the kitchen window.
We have introduced following new categories upon request from some of the customers.
1) Event Management:
Now you can post you task related to any event whether its birthday party,marriage ceremony,corporate events,etc.Mention the length,how many guests you are expecting from the event,your estimated budget and when the event is happening and submit few more details.We will find the best event service providers for you.It is as easy as 1-2-3.
2) Installation and repair:
Do you want your AC or Refrigerator to be repaired or want to install new Oven,AC,etc our service provider can get it done within your budget and time.
Do you want to clean your house of office to be cleaned during this festive season?We have cleaning service provider who can clean your house like never before.
For other services click here